Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery >> Overview
The department of maxillofacial surgery is responsible for the surgical treatment of acquired, congenital and traumatic issues related to the jaws and facial regions as well developmental diseases of these areas. Facial fractures, head and neck cancers and salivary gland diseases are the other areas in which the department plays a key role. Major surgeries include those for maxillofacial traumas, cysts and tumours, oral cancer, orthognathic surgery, bone graft, distraction and cleft lip and cleft palate. The department trains students at the UG and PG levels in the surgical procedures conducted and enables them to gain the necessary knowledge and skills.
The department has the advantage of sharing the best of medical facilities such as OT, Surgical ICUS 24 hour causality, inpatient beds and advanced diagnostic aids like MRI, CT with rajarajeswari medical college & hospital which is a 1100 bedded super specialty teaching institute belonging to the same trust. Apart from routine tooth extractions and impactions, the department performs surgical procedures for head and neck cancers, salivary tumors, cysts, T.M. joint disorders, orthognathic corrections. All types of trauma, cleft lip and palate corrections.
- Attachment and accessibility to super speciality medical college & hospital.
- Internationally trained oral & maxillofacial surgeon and experienced professors on the faculty.
- More than 60 international and 65 national publications among staff.
- P.G. student securing 11th Rank in Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences examination.
- The department has plans to organise national conferences and to conduct workshop on microvascular and skull base surgeries. Efforts are being made to make it a Ph.D center.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery >>Abstract
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery >> Faculty
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery >>Publications